Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Frills

So, I've never really been a frilly girl myself. Sure it's fun to dress up sometimes, but mostly, give me my jeans and a well fitting t-shirt (by the way, I'm in the process of constructing my own pattern so I can make the perfect-for-me t-shirt.) Janie is a different story. We fight every morning about getting dressed, unless she gets to wear a skirt. She doesn't like me doing her hair unless I put a bow in it. I just acquired some bows from my neighbor, and apparently I need to make more because it saves a lot of argument in the morning. I made some tutus for the girls' Halloween costumes, and she loves to wear hers around, she calls it her 'ballerine.' Too bad I don't know much about ballet, then I could teach her something. The word is still out on Leah, but I gave her my name so maybe she'll be more like me?

2 comments:

Karma said...

Janie always looks so cute though. Jared and I keep saying we wont know what to do if Evie is like that.

Benji said...

I wonder if she likes dresses so much because we call her beautiful more often when she wheres them?

Maybe we should try calling Leah more beautiful when she wears fur boots to see if she will want to wear them all the time.