Thursday, October 16, 2014

Walking

I have been walking a lot lately. The girls school is 1.3 miles from our house. There is a bus relatively close but... it's a pain trying to ride with a double stroller and all the kids during busy times, like around school. If there is no room in the handicap spot, then I can't get on. It also costs 1.40 per ride so I would be spending $5 (I can't find the pound symbol on my keyboard) a day. So, to save money and anxiety, I've been walking. My legs are still sore every day, and I asked Ben when he thought I would stop being sore. He said it took the pioneers three weeks on the trail before they were trail hardened. I laughed, thinking he was joking, but he said he was serious. So now when I push my stroller up the hill with 2-3 children in it I think of it as my personal handcart. We are coming up on three weeks so hopefully I will stop being sore soon. Now if I can only stop buying chocolate, I may be in good shape.

No comments: